May 11, 2007

The WalMart/Paiz saga



Three weeks after my message to WalMart about their stinking store in La Ceiba, I received the following reply. Now it has been another week and I'm still waiting to hear from the Director of the Paiz stores.

I noticed that it has a confidentiality statement at the end, so don't tell anyone that I let you read it. Besides, I warned him in advance that I was going to post his response publicly.

Just because we are in Central America doesn't mean that we have to settle for stinkin' stores! This would never be allowed in the U.S., so why should it be allowed here? I'm just doing my part to make La Ceiba a better place for all Ceibeños.


Bill Kinney
May 4 (5 days ago)
to la.gringas.blog@
date May 4, 2007 3:16 PM
subject RE: LtrToPres# 000000004500477: Subject: STORE INFORMATION
mailed-by wal-mart.com
Dear La Grings,

I am sorry that there has been a delay in the response to this e-mail. I have just received it this afternoon, again our apologies, Thank you for bringing the matter up to us. I will contact the Director of the Piaz stores and have them to look into the issues that you talk about.

This is not a way that we would like for any of our stores even in a partnership as we are in in Central America to be like. If you could help by supplying a few more details so we can look into it and correct the problem, it would be appreciated. I will send a copy of your e-mail to the Director and ask them to contact you so you can tell them of your experience and get the issue cleared up. Thank you again for your e-mail. If you feel that the issue is not taken care of properly, I ask that you please let me know.

Regards,

Bill Kinney
Wal Mart International
479-273-8265
bill.kinney@wal-mart.com

Incoming Email from Wal-Mart Interactive Web Site #000000004500477

Processed by : jgmora
Processed Date : 2007/04/15
Processed Time : 14:24
Submit Time : 04/14/07 23:33:41
First Name : La
Last Name : Gringa
Service Desk Code : US
Daytime Phone : 504-382-
Customer Email : la.gringas.blog@
Address : 1234 Main St
Zip : 10000
City : Anytown
State : AK
Subject : STORE INFORMATION

Comments: : As a longtime Walmart shareholder, I am very
disappointed to find that I can not even comment on a store without making up a fake address as I do not live in the U.S. and your website form is not set up to accept addresses from outside the U.S.

I am writing to tell you about the Paiz store in La Ceiba, Honduras. The store only opened months ago and due to poor maintenance, poor inventory control, and/or poor hygiene it already reeks of rotten food.

On my last trip, I spent only a fraction of the amount I usually spend because the smell in the store was so bad that I couldn't wait to leave. The bad odor permeated some of the food that I bought. Even the Kleenex stinks!

How is it possible that Walmart allows such a thing? We don't have many choices in La Ceiba, but Paiz will not be one of mine until they clean up their act.

I've written about my experience on my blog at http://lagringasblogicito.blogspot.com

I would really appreciate other than a "canned" answer to this email as I will be posting about your response on my blog.

*******************************************************************
*** This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you have received this email in error destroy it
immediately. ******************************************************
**************** Wal-Mart Confidential ****************************
******************************************
Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...