April 17, 2007

Another stinking store in La Ceiba


It was good while it lasted, but it didn't last long. I practically raved about the new (WalMart-owned) Paiz grocery store back in December .... but now Paiz stinks. Literally, it stinks. In some parts of the store, I had to walk around with my hand over my nose and mouth, the smell was that bad.

I wanted to talk to the manager to tell him that the last time I was there, I spent L.4,000 and this time I spent less than L.1,000 because I couldn't bear to spend that much time in the stinkin' store. I didn't, though, because I know they won't care and will just consider me another "demanding gringa." Besides, the manager has a nose, too.

I ended up regretting that I even bought as much as I did, because the bad odor had permeated the vegetables as well. I made a pasta salad and most of the veggies, even though they looked very fresh, had picked up an "off" flavor from the smell of the store.

This is unbelievable, but even the Kleenex has the odor. I can smell it every time I blow my nose. The plastic grocery bags had absorbed the odor as well. We had to throw them out instead of reusing them or the whole house might have stunk.

Hmmm, now that I think about it, I think I'll email WalMart and see what they have to say about it. They might care.

__________

Later.....Hmmph! It seems WalMart does not want to hear from anyone who doesn't live in a U.S. state with a U.S. zip code. This makes me angry. McDonald's website is the same way. So anyway, now for anyone who wants to know, La Gringa lives at 1234 Main St., Anytown, Alaska 10000.

I'll keep you posted as to whether or not I get a response. BTW, I mentioned that I am a stockholder (true), except now they probably won't believe me since I was forced to lie about my address.

Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...