December 21, 2006

This and that, December 21

Workers, not

Yesterday El Jefe stopped to talk to some of the guys who hang out every day visiting with each other at the entrance to our colonia. He asked if anyone was interested in working for a few days, doing some yard work for us. Two guys said yes so he told them to come at 7 a.m.


Both were no shows.


Continuing eggs


Conchita is laying an egg every single day! She moved from the flower pot on the glass table to a cardboard box with newspapers. The box contains rolled up dirty newspapers from their pen waiting to be taken to the compost pile. That seemed to be kind of a nasty place to lay eggs so we bought a small plastic tub and filled it with wood shavings that we use for mulch. We've showed her the nice new digs a couple of times. She caught on quickly.




Spam Stirfry


All of La Gringa's spam is coming in Japanese now. Up to eight a day. After I wrote this spam spoof (I still laugh every time I read it. Boy, am I funny!), my spam dwindled to almost nothing. After that article, I only received one spam in October, one in November, and four in December, until this wave of Japanese spam hit. Incredible. I thought I had discovered the secret cure for spam. What is going on?



I also just noticed that Google web clips gives me spam recipes when I open my spam folder. Spam fajitas, spam pitas, etc. Funny.

You might also notice that I have 50 GMail invites. If you want one, just send me an email.


Good Things


We were on our way home from the daily shot in the butt. We tried to run a few errands but it was just too exhausting for me. I was reclining in the front seat, eyes half open, looking at the new mallito (little mall) while we waited for the light to change. Suddenly, I screeched:


BASKIN ROBBINS!!!!!


El Jefe almost jumped out of his seat. He didn't catch what I was saying and thought I was having some sort of medical emergency.

"Look! Baskin Robbins! The new mallito is going to have a Baskin Robbins 31 Flavors ice cream store!"



More good things

We went to a USA store today. I don't know what to call it. I know what it is − it's a garage sale store. All that stuff you guys sell in your garage sales gets imported. Most of it is dusty junk and overpriced at that. But they have racks and racks of books! In English! I bought eight since I'm planning to spend a lot of time in bed.


All in all, a good day.
Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...