February 23, 2008

Aaarghhhhhhh!

While trying to adapt to the Honduran culture as many think that I should, I did no planning ahead* for contingencies on this party. I have run into a major glitch.

I guess the PC crowd would say, "Oh, we didn't mean adapt to the culture in that way. We meant the other things. The things that we approve of."


Last minute food and cleaning preparations for a party, in the Honduran style: What does that mean? Why, of course, that means that the water will go out!
The electricity will probably go out tonight when I start baking the pizzas.

This is Honduras.




*Funny story about planning ahead: I've heard recently that some people buy their baby's diapers one at a time throughout the day, as if maybe if they wait, they might not need another one.


Party review: Thumbs up!


Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...