September 17, 2007

Hondutel-Chimirri scandal

Marcelo Chimirri, head of Hondutel − Looks stressed, doesn't he?
Photo: El Proceso, Honduras


For those of you who have been coming here searching for information on the latest Hondutel-Chimirri scandal, I'm working on an article that I hope to have tomorrow.
It's big. It's juicy, and if this doesn't get some corruptos put in jail, I may have to give up on Honduras.

It is so big that it had to be published in Mexico, not Honduras. I guess the Honduran newspapers can not be sued for reporting on a story from another newspaper.

While doing some research, I discovered that thanks to an anonymous tipster, I scooped the Honduran newspaper Proceso by 17 days on the Chimirri Hi5 page. After the Proceso article, Chimirri made his photo album private and revised his front page to show a much more serious person. No more love poems and many fewer mafia movies now.


The article is Swamp of corruption in Hondutel.

Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...