February 5, 2007

It's a stampede!

Stampede in La Gringa's colonia

To be a really good blogger, you have to be ready at all times. You have to be in shape, too.

Yesterday, Chloe the Rottweiler was beside herself barking at the front gate. Thinking it was just a dog walking by, I ignored her at first. Finally, because she sounded so frantic, I looked out the window. What did I see? A herd of horses running down the street.


Thinking, "Blog article!" I grabbed the camera and ran out. The horses had already turned the corner, so I went running down the hill after them. I don't know what the construction workers on the corner thought.


Failing on both counts mentioned above, the shot above was the best I could do. This was the tail end of the herd. The rest had already turned the corner.

As you can see from the photo below, if they hadn't stopped to eat some tasty grass along the way, I wouldn't have gotten a picture at all. I cropped out half a block of empty street between me and the horses on each one.

Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...