February 8, 2007

Blog content theft


They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I found a case where it's more than imitation, it's downright content theft. What would you say about a blog that consists 100% of someone else's articles?

I stumbled upon this blog (no follow tag used) today. The entire blog is nothing but La Gringa's articles! Every single article is mine, word for word, with no link to my blog and no credit given to me as the author.
I'm researching right now to try to figure out what I can do.

I've seen my articles, or parts of them, on many blogs. Often they are spam blogs with a paragraph or so of an article and a zillion ads. Sometimes they provide a link to my blog, sometimes they don't.


This is the first time that I've run across one that is completely my stuff. The odd thing is that there are no ads on this blog, so I really don't understand what the purpose is. Not to mention that the title has nothing to do with what I write about.


I noticed that they strip out all the links, so even if I put a link to my blog in the RSS feed, I guess it will just be stripped out along with all the others.
Just in case the jerk prints this article in his blog:

Notice:
The author of this blog steals all of his material from
La Gringa's Blogicito at
http:// lagringasblogicito. blogspot. com



Any ideas, folks, about what I can do about this?


Update, Friday, February 9, 2007: Situation resolved!

Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...