January 5, 2007

Two sheets to the whatever


What a fun afternoon! A Honduran friend stopped by. It was his birthday and he brought a bottle of wine to share with us. First we shared the Torres Sangre de Toro, Spain, 2004, and then his bottle (Carta Vieja Merlot, Chile 2005). I have to say that I liked the Carta Vieja better.

We invited him to go out to dinner but he couldn't because he already had a commitment with his family. Just as well! I'm in no shape to be doing anything at this point. You see, I'm not a big drinker at all and my share of two bottles of wine has me "two sheets to the wind," whatever that means.

I always enjoy talking with E. It reassures me when we talk about all the crazy, wrong things here that he finds them just as crazy and wrong as we do.

I'm having a hard time finding the "o" so I guess I'll stop here. If you read this, E, "Feliz Cumpleaños!" Wheeeeee!
Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...