April 30, 2009

La Gringa has the flu

Whether it is THE gripe porcina (swine flu) or just a normal cold/flu, I don't know. I have a runny nose, sneezing, headache, sore throat, slight body aches, and a terrible cough that feels like I'm going to blow my brains out. My ears hurt, I think from coughing so hard.

I don't think that I have a fever (it's hard to tell when the climate is so hot), so I don't know if that rules out the swine flu. I hope so. I think I will go to the hospital tonight or tomorrow if I feel worse.

I'm not sure if there is anything they can do anyway, since I read that La Ceiba's supplies of antivirals were sent to the island of Roatán, I suppose to prepare for protecting tourists. El Jefe checked at one of the larger pharmacies and was told that they have nothing for the disease and nothing will be available until the government buys and distributes it. Si Dios quiere. (God willing) This isn't the USA where I heard they have some 73 million courses of treatment on hand. In Honduras, there are 10, not 10 million, just 10 units, and those are privately owned.

El Jefe called the doctor and he doesn't believe that I have swine flu since I don't have a high fever. Okay. Who knows. Si Dios quiere. He prescribed some other things for the cough and sinus problem.

Wouldn't you know that Monday and Tuesday we were out and about, around a zillion people all day. I should have stayed home as that is probably how I caught it. What a worrisome time to catch a cold or whatever it is!
Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...