March 25, 2009

On the road in Honduras, part 2

mountain, north coast, HondurasMountain on the north coast, Honduras


north coast highway, HondurasBelow is another part of the north coast road trip video discussed in this article (part 1) as well as a few more of El Jefe's mountain side photos.

There have been a couple of comments about what good shape the road is in. Yes, it is right now! We've definitely seen a lot worse over the years and have had a few blown out tires.

north coast highway, HondurasI'm embarrassed to say that I don't remember exactly where this video was taken. I'm pretty sure it was between San Juan Pueblo and Tela, but I had so many videos that I may have gotten them out of order. Maybe one of the readers can help me out here.

north coast highway, HondurasWe have another trip to San Pedro coming up soon so I will ride in the backseat and get some video of the mountains passing by. Normally I can only film on the trip to San Pedro because it is usually dark on the return trip.

(Oops! Did I say that? Well, do as I say, not as I do. Don't try to make this trip at night. El Jefe is an expert and has every turn in the road memorized. We still have had a few close calls, once with a cow, another time with a horse, and once we rounded one of those dead man curves to find that our lane was completely blocked with a huge pile of dirt -- thankfully, there were no cars coming in the other lane or I wouldn't be here to tell you about it.)


Here is the video:



If you like it, please let me know by giving it a rating at YouTube.


north coast highway, HondurasRelated videos: On the road in Honduras, part 1

Driving through San Juan Pueblo, Honduras

Driving through San Pedro Sula (coming up soon)




If you are reading this article from the daily Blogicito email, look for the video attachment below or simply click the title of this article to view the video at the Blogicito.

Storm coming in

Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...