July 13, 2007

Facebook, the latest fad

cartoon from www.weblogcartoons.com

Cartoon by Dave Walker.

Find more cartoons you can freely re-use on your blog at We Blog Cartoons.

Matthew (formerly) at littlewoodenman wrote about the latest internet phenomenon, Facebook. I hadn't heard of it − no surprise there − so I went to check it out. As Matthew pointed out, you can't even see what it is all about until you register. So I did and it immediately told me I had no friends. Thanks a lot.

I signed up to be Matthew's friend and I think he has accepted me. A couple of people sent requests to be my friends (thanks, Sharon, Pam, Aaron and David − wow! Five friends, that must put me right up near the top, huh?).

I don't really get it! I have a lot of problems with it, too. For example, when I try to "accept a friend" or read a comment on "my wall" (don't ask me!), it isn't there or it wants me to re-register or something. Overall, I find it frustrating and pointless and I'd much rather read what someone has to say in their blog. You know, get to know the real person.

The only reason I'm writing about it now is that I happened upon this cartoon and thought it was funny. I thought I would give a little background about Facebook in case you haven't heard of it before. Somehow, I think it is more for the under-29 crowd. ;-P

I'd much rather you sign my guestbook below.

Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...