June 18, 2008

Kick a girl when she's down


My numb and tingly fingers from the Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome were worrisome and were really getting me down. I can't say that I've seen any improvement, but now they are the last thing on my mind.


So what is this magic pain relief for UTS? Why, get SHINGLES and that intensely painful viral disease will make you forget all about UTS!

I'm trying to joke to keep from crying but shingles is no laughing matter. If you are like I was, you've probably heard of shingles (a strange name) but thought it had to do with dry skin or something like that. After much research, I'm now an expert on the disease. It's actually a virus related to chicken pox that attacks the nerves in one area of the body. In my case it is in the forehead and scalp. Revenge of the chicken pox has hit me hard, affecting both my right ear and both eyes, both of which can have very serious and permanent complications.

I'll have to write more about shingles and my doctor experience later. Right now I'm in excruciating pain, one eye is completely swollen shut and the other will be soon. I can't wear my contact lenses and I'm leaning in about 6" from the screen to type this. I'm going to be completely out of commission for awhile.

I have received some guest blogs that I will be posting as soon as I can see better so if you have sent one, please don't think that I don't appreciate it. If you have emailed me and haven't received an answer, please have patience or try again in a week or two.

In the meantime, you can probably entertain yourself for hours by visiting my Amazon wishlist and picking out get-well presents for me. ;-D

Click below:

My Amazon.com Wish List
Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...