February 2, 2009

Super Bowl, what Super Bowl?


I said I wasn't going to write about sports anymore, but this is just too funny or too tragic, depending upon your point of view, not to mention:

Our cable TV service here in La Ceiba is generally pretty good. Two companies offer service, including the US networks and a few movie channels. However, the company that we use, Televicab, has a habit of disappearing stations. Stations just go poof, sometimes for a day, sometimes for months. I have no idea what is up with that. It has nothing to do with the weather. I don't know if no one at the company monitors the stations to make sure they are working or they don't pay their bill or what.

I turned on the television about 7:30 p.m. Sunday night and discovered that all of the US networks were gone. OMG! I checked the internet and it seems that the Super Bowl was still going on at that point, so I don't know if the channels went out during the game or have been out all day. I also don't know if the outage affected all of Televicab's customers or only certain areas.

I'll bet some expatriates in La Ceiba were spitting bullets over that! Somehow I don't think they would have been satisfied to watch the Dr. House marathon instead. My deepest sympathies to those who were deprived.

This kind of reminds me of the time I had 14 people coming for dinner and the electricity AND water were out most of the day.

Life in paradise....expect the unexpected.
Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...