That's all. Post number 300. In almost exactly nine months.
Oh, alright! As long as I'm here, I'll tell you about the puppies.
They are still the cutest puppies in the world. They love to play outside and now, finally, Joey has started playing with them, too. At first he acted like he was afraid of them.
We still have all four of them. A few people have looked at them and say the stupidest things.
- They don't look like chihuahuas. Are they really chihuahuas?
- How big is their poop?
- My friend has a chihuahua but his dog's ears stand up. Are they really chihuahuas? (Give them a break! They are still babies. Their ears don't stand up all the time until they are about 3 months old.)
- Were they all born at the same time? (Three times he asked me this as if he didn't believe me! I guess he doesn't understand how the birds and the bees work with dogs.)
- Are they really chihuahuas? (This was after seeing the mother and father with the puppies − like maybe we just borrowed some grown chihuahuas for the scam?)
- I saw a chihuahua once but it had bulging eyes. Are they really chihuahuas?
- What's the lowest you'll take? ..... Well, no, I don't want to buy one, I just want to know what is the lowest you'll take.
This shows you the nature of Honduras. Everyone assumes that everyone else is trying to cheat them. And, usually they are.
So, does anyone want to buy a real chihuahua?
Remember, dogs are better than kids because they:
- Eat less
- Don't ask for money all the time
- Are easier to train
- Normally come when called
- Never ask to drive the car
- Don't hang out with drug-using friends
- Don't smoke or drink
- Don't have to buy the latest fashions
- Don't want to wear your clothes
- Don't need a gazillion dollars for college, and...
- If they get pregnant, you can sell their children.
Thanks to Patty for that last part. ;-)