March 20, 2010

The Crapola Translator

Dog translator
I hope the translator in the sidebar is of use to some readers. I know that these computer translators sometimes mangle translations terribly but other times they can be helpful. I use the Google toolbar translator sometimes, especially when I'm tired or in a hurry. I can read Spanish, but at times I'm just lazy. I usually have to switch back and forth though (easy as clicking one button with the Google toolbar) to check the Spanish when parts of it don't make sense. Google does have a bad habit of leaving out important words like 'no' and 'not' so you have to be careful.

Ulf Erlingsson writes some articles in Swedish and Google works amazingly well on that − hardly ever a word out of place. I've also used it for Portuguese and a couple of other languages, too. The quality of the original writing has a lot to do with how well it is translated. For example, many of the reader comments on Spanish-language newspaper articles are almost indecipherable because of the poor spelling and lack of punctuation. And before anyone gets in a huff, I'm sure the same could be said for comments on English-language newspapers, too.

But I ran across a new translator today that made me realize that I might be leaving some of my readers out. The Blogicito has a large Canadian readership so I thought that you might enjoy using the Crapola Translator. Try it out and see what you think. It also offers Boston and Valley Girl accents, among several others.

Just copy the Blogicito link from the top of your browser, paste it into the Crapola Translator, and select your 'language'. Crapola will show you the entire page in your selected language. Some of the 'languages' are pretty obscure, but after trying them, I realized that I have read several blogs written in those styles, I'm sorry to say. The 'Jeff K' is a very popular blogging style. ;-)

Ali GSave the best for last. Try the Ali G translation. If you aren't familiar, Ali G is a British gansta wannabee character who hosts a talk show with some very important and serious (real) guests. I've only caught the show a couple of times but found it to be very funny. I laughed and laughed to read prim and proper La Gringa translated to gansta talk! I think you will, too.

Sheeit!
Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...