May 2, 2009

Has American culture ruined you?

The world as seen by Americans

Sorry! I'm showing my political incorrectness again, but I just laughed out loud at this map that reader Patty sent me. I'm afraid that for many of my fellow Americans (not my readers, of course!), this map is right on target. In fact it is probably much more detailed than most could come up with. (Click to enlarge it in another window if you can't read all the detail − it's worth it. Heheheh, jejejeje)

True confession: I have to admit that when El Jefe first said that he was from Honduras, I remember thinking to myself, "Hmmm, that is somewhere south of Mexico, isn't it?" I looked it up in the atlas later that day.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't you love those internet quizzes? I loved my results of this one below. Not that I don't want to be an American. I think it is the greatest country in the world (or used to be anyway), but I like to think that I've learned to think more broadly and see things through eyes of other peoples of the world, too. There are a lot great things about the USA, but there is a lot of ugliness as well. Racism, greed, materialism come to mind.




You Have Not Been Ruined by American Culture



You're nothing like the typical American. In fact, you may not be American at all.

You have a broad view of the world, and you're very well informed.

And while you certainly have been influenced by American culture (who hasn't?), it's not your primary influence.

You take a more global philosophy with your politics, taste, and life. And you're always expanding and revising what you believe.



Hmmm, am I going to have to change the name of this blog?

Just the fact that you are reading the Blogicito says that you have an interest in the world outside of the USA. Even more interesting than the US readers' results, I wonder if any Hondurans have been ruined by American culture?

Click the question above to take the quiz.

Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...