April 14, 2009

Problems with your Blogicito email subscription?

Feedburner subscription request
Sharon mentioned that she has not been receiving the daily Blogicito email updates and thought that La Gringa was taking a break. When she came to the Blogicito and saw that I was posting regularly, she assumed that something had happened to cancel her subscription. But when she tried to resubscribe, Feedburner told her that she already had a subscription. Frustrating!

My first guess was that Sharon's email program or internet service provider (ISP) is putting the emails in her spam folder. The solution for that is to find them in the spam folder and do whatever your program requires to mark them as "not spam." That should train your email program to put those emails in your inbox instead.

Another step that may help to prevent false spam identification is to put my email address in your contacts. You can find my email address in the right-hand sidebar underneath the Amazon wish list. (But, please, for the sake of my sanity, don't include me in mass mailings, virus warnings, and forwarded emails!)

If the emails are not in your spam folder, you can unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of the Blogicito emails (if you still have one) and then resubscribe by going to this link: Subscribe to La Gringa's Blogicito by Email.

Feedburner confirmation emailIf all else fails, write me and I'll try to reactivate a new subscription request. Please watch for and act upon the automated verification email. It will come from FeedBurner Email Subscriptions but will show as coming from my email address. That is a good time to put my email address in your contacts folder.

The subscription will not be activated unless you respond to the verification email by clicking the link.

Feedburner subscription confirmationThe link will take you to this page which will show that your subscription is confirmed. I notice that at any point in time, I always have 10-20 readers who have signed up for a subscription but have never confirmed it and so will never receive it. :-{

Generally, the Feedburner subscriptions are trouble free − I know because I was my first subscriber back in 2006! Heheheh. I wanted to see how the emails looked and to be sure that Feedburner didn't send unwanted email (they don't). Occasionally there are glitches, primarily because people mark emails as spam rather than unsubscribing, which then can cause other users of the same ISP or web-based email system to not receive the emails.

Sorry for boring the rest of you with this, but I always think that when one person mentions a problem, there are others out there with the same problem who didn't let me know. La Gringa values her subscribers!

Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...