April 26, 2009

Notes from the road

Cuero y Salado Wildlife Refuge
Photo: La Prensa, Honduras


Erik of Notes from the Road sent me a link to his beautiful photo essay of his visit to La Ceiba, Honduras, and a trip to the Cuero y Salado Wildlife Reserve, called Coconut train to Cuero y Salado

Gorgeous photos! I went there in 2000 and enjoyed it so much. We hope to go back soon. We had a wonderful guide who spotted monkeys, crocodiles, bats, and more for us. I'm going to have to dig out my old photos to see if there are any worth scanning...or hopefully, I can get some better ones when we visit. (Let me clarify: I mean 'better' than my old photos, not better than Erik's! Hah! That would be the day! In my dreams.)

The section titled The Isthmus includes several other photo essays of Panamá, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Belize, and Nicaragua. His site also includes photo essays of many other parts of the world. Well worth a visit.

Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...