February 1, 2009

A note to subscribers

The Blogicito uses Feedburner for the RSS feed for feedreaders and the daily (or less) email updates to those who like to read the articles in their email inbox instead of coming to the blog to check for new articles. Feedburner accounts are now moving over to Google, who bought Feedburner a long time ago.

Google says that it should not affect the readers or email subscribers, but just in case, I wanted to let you know that I'll be switching over in a couple of weeks. If you notice any glitch in the service, please let me know so I can check it out.

I also wanted to mention that a LOT of readers sign up for the email subscriptions but never respond to the verification email from Feedburner so they never receive the Blogicito emails and probably wonder why.

Subscribing is a two step process for your protection to prevent abuse. If verification was not required, unethical people could sign up every email address that they have for spamming purposes. Feedburner only activates the subscription when they get a response from the email address subscribed. That is a one-time process. After you verify that you wanted the subscription, the emails will come automatically.


I also want to assure everyone who has considered getting the email updates that there is no spamming involved. I don't have the time or a reason to spam anyone. I also signed up for the email update service myself in the beginning just to make sure that Feedburner didn't send any unwanted email. I can assure you that they don't. Each individual email includes an unsubscribe link as well, so if you change your mind, it is easy to unsubscribe at any time. If you want to comment on any article, you just need to click on the article title in the email and it will take directly to that blog article. The emails look almost like the blog articles and include any photos in the article.

If you are interested in trying out the email updates, just enter your email address into the box under the yellow sticky note in the upper right-hand sidebar. Don't forget to respond to the verification email from Feedburner to activate it.

If you don't understand any of this or want to know more about the email updates, please leave a comment or send me an email. I aim to please!
Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...