October 13, 2007

Beetle, moth, frog, wasps, and lizards



I'm getting so far behind on posting my photos that I thought I would just stick some recent ones in a slide show without trying to identify them. If you know what they are, please let us know.

Just a few explanations:

The frog was found inside the house. It does not have hairy feet; it has sticky feet and apparently it was jumping around picking up Chloe's dog hair off the floor. The small lizard and the stick bug were also inside the house. The others were found outside.


The long-horned beetle has me really worried. I did a little research and found this beetle on a Central American site which showed how it chops down trees! I didn't know that when I took the photo. Maybe that explains why we have had 6 or 7 very tall trees just fall down for no apparent reason.

Hundreds of dying wasps were found on the front steps one morning. I looked up at the roof line but didn't see a nest. We don't spray so I don't know what was killing them.
Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...