January 2, 2007

Can I get some quiet, please?!!


I've mentioned before that a house is being constructed on the corner opposite our house. For the most part, it's no bother to us, since, as I also mentioned in a previous post, almost all of the work is done by hand. Some days we don't even notice they are there.

That's a good thing since we have vacant lots on both sides of us and across the street, so there is a lot more construction in store for us in the future.

We had a little problem at first with trash. Plastic drink bottles and bags, plastic lunch plates, and to go boxes were sailing down the street in front of our house. We know the contractor so one day when he stopped by to say hello, I asked for "un favor" (a favor). Could he possibly put a trash barrel out for the workers to deposit their trash in?

He was most gracious, and said it wasn't a favor, it was his duty to do so and he would right away. I guess he did, because I really haven't noticed any trash in the street.

So everything has been fine up until today. I know it can't be helped, but apparently they are pouring the second floor today. That means a trail of huge cement trucks pumping cement constantly since 7:30 a.m. It is so loud that my head is pounding.

Normally concrete is mixed by hand with a shovel, but the second story floor must be poured at one time or the sections could separate. That is the only thing that keeps me from screaming − knowing that it will be finished today .... I hope!

The other thing is that El Jefe has been in the garage sanding wood for the chicken coop with an electric sander for about the last 4 hours. And that won't be finished today.

Thank you for letting me rant. According to Saratica, now I will live at least a few minutes longer.
Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...