December 20, 2006

La Gringa is on drugs


Heh, heh, heh! They say a catchy title draws the readers.

Blogs that start out every post with "Well, sorry I haven't written in a month...." are boring. I know I don't have to post every day, but I have kind of set a standard for myself and I have a hard time not feeling guilty when I don't. So I feel required to give an excuse.

I've been sick for two weeks. I thought it was a cold. Then it began to seem more like the flu. Then maybe bronchitis. Finally, yesterday I broke down and went to the doctor. He thinks it might be pneumonia!

After spending the entire afternoon sitting around the doctor's office/hospital (Just what you want to do when you are sick − Why didn't I bring a book? − If it is something contagious, I have infected another 50-60 people by coughing all over the hospital! − Does an x-ray machine really have to warm up for 45 minutes?), the doctor who reads the x-rays left for the day, so I have to go back today for the results. I think it is going to be bronchitis, not pneumonia.

I did have a scare when I caught a glimpse of the first x-ray. It showed a big white smear across the bottom of one lung. I've seen enough "ER" and "CSI" to know that's a bad thing. It turned out that it was a bad quality x-ray and she had to take it again.

I have been writing a lot of stuff but just can't seem to pull it all together to finish anything. Anyway, hang in there, loyal readers, and be prepared for a blast of articles when these drugs kick in.
Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...